There are 4-6 surgical teams that donate time to Hospital de la Familia each year. Each team is lead by a team leader and is organized at least a year in advance.
- A year-round private non-denominational medical center with Guatemalan doctors, nurses, and dentists.
- Modern fully-equipped, operating rooms for visiting surgeons to perform procedures in plastic and reconstructive surgery, Ob/Gyn, E.N.T., general surgery, and ophthalmology.
- Transportation for volunteer surgeons, nurses, technicians, and interpreters from the United States and Canada.
- Room and board for the visiting medical professionals.
- Instruction for Guatemalan doctors.
- A center for rehabilitating children with parasitic diseases and malnutrition, and for teaching parents in improved food preparation and nutrition.
- Training for public health nurses, and hospital nurses.
- A sewing school, teaching marketable skills to girls and women
- Primary school , grades one through six, including computer classes.
- A sanitary drinking water system for the hospital and some of the surrounding communities